Table of Contents
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Purpose
- 3. Scope
- 4. What is a Cookie?
- 5. Types of cookies
- 6. Information collected and our purpose for using cookies and other technologies
- 7. Cookies Deployed
- 8. Analytics Tools
- 9. Controlling cookies
- 10. Privacy Rights and Who to Contact
- 11. Changes to the policy
This policy is applicable to all individuals visiting our website and to all the data collected by means of the cookies.
References in this Policy to “you” or “your” are references to individuals who use the Website.
References in this Policy to “we”, “us” or “our” are references to Alps Agility.
- What is a Cookie?
Cookies are a feature of web browser software that allows web servers to temporarily store information within your browser. They are generally used to make websites work, to keep track of your movements within the website, to remember your login details, and for similar activities. Cookies are sent to the originating website on subsequent visits or to another website that recognizes the specific cookie. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies. Cookies allow websites to recognize the device through which the website is accessed. Cookies can be used to store your preferences and past actions which can further be used to provide specific functionalities or options suited to your preferences, thus improving your website experience. Cookies cannot access any other information on your computer. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies. Of course, by changing the options on your web browser or using certain software programs, you can control and delete how and whether cookies will be accepted by your browser. You can also edit your browser options to choose not to receive cookies in the future.
- Types of cookies
There are different types of cookies, and they can be distinguished on the basis of their origin, function and lifespan. Important characteristics of cookies include the following:
- (a) First party cookies are cookies that are stored by the website you are visiting, while third party cookies are stored by a website other than the one you are visiting. Please note that we do not control the collection or further use of your data by third parties.
- (b) Third party cookies are cookies that are stored by a website other than the one you are visiting. They are used to track users between websites and display more relevant advertisements.
- (c) Necessary cookies are necessary to allow the technical operation of a website (e.g., they enable you to move around on a website and to use its features).
- (d) Statistics cookies collect data on the performance of a website such as the number of visitors, the time spent on the website and error messages.
- (e) Preferences cookies increase the usability of a website by remembering your choices (e.g. language, region, login, and so on).
- (f) Marketing cookies enable a website to send you personalized advertising.
- (g) Session cookies are temporary cookies that are erased once you close your browser while persistent or permanent cookies stay on your device until you manually delete them or until your browser deletes them based on the duration period specified in the persistent cookie file.
- Information collected and our purpose for using cookies
and other technologies
In order to help us maintain and improve our service to you, Alps Agility’s website, online services, applications, and advertisements may use ‘cookies’ to collect information related to your use of the website. Cookies may also be used to carry out transactions and disabling them may affect the functionality of this website.
- (b) We may also collect non-personal information about your visit to our website, based on your browsing (click stream) activities. This information may include but is not limited to the pages browsed and products and services viewed or booked. This helps us to better manage and develop our offers and to provide you with better products and services tailored to your individual interests and needs. We may use this information to measure the entry and exit points of visitors to the website and respective numbers of visitors to various pages and sections of the website and details of searches performed.
- (c) As is true of most we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring and exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to understand and analyse trends, to administer the website, to learn about user behaviour on the website. Alps Agility may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
- (d) In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Alps Agility website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
- (e) Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
- Cookies Deployed
The following cookies have been deployed on our website:
Type of cookie
Description / Purpose
Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
First Party Cookies
First party cookies are cookies that are stored by the website you are visiting, while third party cookies are stored by a website other than the one you are visiting.
Third party Cookie
Third party cookies are cookies that are stored by a website other than the one you are visiting. They are used to track users between websites and display more relevant advertisements.
Preference cookies enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region that you are in.
Statistic cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously
Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers.
- Analytics Tools
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service including Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
- Controlling cookies
Most internet browsers are set to automatically accept cookies. Depending on your browser, you can set your browser to warn you before accepting cookies, or you can set it to refuse them. If you do not want to receive cookies, most browsers allow you to control cookies through their setting preferences. For instructions on how to change your browser settings, select the browser:
(c) Internet Explorer
Disabling cookies may impact your experience on our website. If you use different devices to access our website, you will need to ensure that each browser of each device is set to your cookie preference.
- Privacy Rights and Who to Contact
- Changes to the policy
This policy is effective as of the approved date. We reserve the right to update or change this policy at any time, and we will provide you with the updated policy when we make any substantial updates at the earliest either through email or by providing a prominent policy of change on the website. You should check the policy periodically. Your continued use of the website after we post any modifications to the policy on this page will constitute your acknowledgment of the modifications and your consent to abide by and be bound by the modified policy.